«When 5,000 of you show up, the subject will be taken seriously» had replied the Sub-Prefect of Haute-Savoie to citizens, about the local air pollution issue… Convinced that at least 5,000 people do worry about this problem and want the air quality to improve locally, citizens of the Mont-Blanc area have decided to take up the challenge and are organising a huge rally, to get our authorities to take notice.
Sunday 29 May, at Passy Lake, from 12:00 and will end with a concert starting at 16:30.
Getting there Velorution'Air style
That morning, Inspire is organising its 4th Velorution'Air bike rally to keep asking for cycling facilities in the Mont-Blanc area and to get to Passy lake cleanly
- 11:00: meet in Chedde, Place du Marché, near the train station.
- Arrival at the lake for noon.
- ARSMB and CAF Sallanches are also organising a bike and pedestrian departure from Sallanches to Passy Lake.
At the lake, large beach
- 12:00: giant picnic (bring your own).
- Drinks and pancakes available on site.
- From 13:30: children’s village, non-profit organisations village and mini-conferences. Activities (climbing wall, slackline...) and music.
- 16:00: Concert by Les Ogres de Barback.
29 May is Mother's Day... Come to Passy and celebrate this moment with your family in the warmth of a festive and friendly gathering. Your presence there will state that the quality of our air is of paramount importance to you and your loved ones.
To be there is to take action!
Spread the word
Share this information around, print the poster and flyers and put them up in your businesses, shops, clubs, public places... The impetus in favour of better air quality should be truly felt, in mountain valleys where the air is unfortunately not so pure...
More info: Appel d'Air (in French)